Saturday, April 30, 2011

Did you know.....

Psoriasis makes you special. Really. Most people you know often gripe about things that mean little or nothing. They often talk about how busy life is and all the things going on in their life. They complain about their job, income or the weather and tons of other crap we wish was our only problem.

We on the other hand have our immune system making war with our body's single largest organ, our skin. Yet we take this on every minute of every day, all while dealing with lifes comings and goings and largely without complaint.

So while I am not making light of our suffering I am declaring you are a very strong individual, most people could not handle it but you do and in my opinion that dosen't just make you special, it makes you Awesome.

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking about this just the other day. Some people are always so negative about everything in their life. So it got me thinking about us, Psoriasis Patients. I got to thinking is there anything positive about having Psoriasis. In my opinion, there is. Psoriasis has made me into who I am today. I have a hard time watching someone get made fun of for being over weight or being picked on for what they may look like or what their religion may be or their nationality, or color of their skin or what have you. I have been in their shoes somewhat and can relate. Having Psoriasis has made me realize at an early age that, it doesn't matter what's on the outside of a person, it is what's on the inside that matters the most to me.

    ReplyDelete