Sunday, April 17, 2011

1st Blog Post - The Awareness Campaign Begins

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to blogging, and advocating too but not to psoriasis. Next month is my 23rd year but it is only recently I've decided to take my resolve to do battle with my disease and switch gears to hopefully encourage and empower others who suffer from psoriasis. The key difference in my approach is I intend to be very public about it. I would truly appreciate anyone who believes this is a worthy cause to give whatever support they can (not money, just spread  the word).
Trying to raise awareness is brutal but I am taking the same one day at a time as I do with psoriasis. I cannot believe so many have it and it never gets media attention. The way I see it, the more attention I can bring, the more understanding and acceptance we will receive from the public and the stronger we become.

Thank you for your support.

www.PsoriasisThenandNow.com

Andrew

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Andrew.....I am a supporter and have a husband and daughter who have psoriasis. For my daughter's sake I am always looking for ways to make life easier for her. She is 13 and has had this since age 2 1/2 and yes it is a constant battle for all of us. For my husband his psoraisis is under control. Psoriasis takes a lot of work to keep it under control. It is very hard when you have an active 13 year old who constantly needs to go for light treatment and a constant reminder of putting on creams. It also takes me an hour when having to address the psoriasis she has on her scalp. So I am hoping one day that there will be something that will work for her. So I thank you for starting to make people aware of psoriasis. Bernice Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for starting this Andrew. A great start to the blog. I just hope someday I can come out of my shell and to stop hiding,not sure if I'm hiding from myself or hiding from Psoriasis.
    Looking very forward to following this Blog

    Leonard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leonard,
    It's great to see you joined the group. Andrew does very good work. The purpose of Andrew doing all this is to give Psoriasis a voice. You and I both know how hard it is to deal with and also speak about it but just know that the more we talk about, the more people will take it seriouly and it will make it easier for people who have it talk about it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Blog Andrew, and thank you once again for making a place where people can just come and talk about their Psoriasis. Its not the easiest thing to do and for some its almost impossible as i have experienced in the past but not no more. There is a great life out there and together we can find it. If you think you can't do this then dont think just do it!!

    ReplyDelete